Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Butter Making- Howick Historical Village

BeFunky Collage.jpg

After visiting the school we went to this room where people would make their butter. I was the first one to experience the butter turner. Everyone had the chance to turned it for fifty seconds. It was so much fun making it. The lady told us a song children would sing when they make butter because it helped them not to get bored. At the end of this activity everyone had the chance to have a taste of the butter we made with rice crackers.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Natalia,

It sounds like you had a great time making butter at Howick Historical Village. After reading your blog I really want to try to make it myself at home. Was it difficult?

I might try to make it over the term break, if I have some free time. I may not, however, because I am running the holiday blogging programme again this year! It's called a Winter Learning Journey and everyone in Year 4-8 at Glen Innes is invited to participate! I really hope that you will log on and blog with us again this year. The theme for the programme is a 'Great Kiwi Road Trip' and there are 21 different activities on the website related to interesting places, people and things to see and do in New Zealand! It's our chance to explore our own backyard :)

The programme is open for the full two weeks (8 July to 22 July) and you can participate any time during the break. Every time you post a blog you will earn points and be in to win some cool prizes.

I hope to see you online blogging with us as part of the Winter Learning Journey programme this month!

All the best,

Rachel :)

Post a Comment